This is a revenue generating position that requires hard work and determination to identify sales opportunities, guide the client through the sales process, and bring the project to a mutually beneficial conclusion. It requires a true hunter to uncover opportunities.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
- Continuously prospect and generate new business opportunities with new clients. This requires the ability to cold call, network and on-site selling for prospective clients.
- Present effectively, and demonstrate solution-selling skills to nurture and close new clients.
- Exceed established new business revenue targets.
- Develop and actively pursue list of targeted accounts worldwide and create individual plans of action to penetrate these accounts.
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities via pipeline report.
- Monitor and report sales activity within the system.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in new business development in the exhibit or event industry
- Result driven and committed to creating a “book of business”
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships at the highest of levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow account relationships
- Proven communication, presentation and sales skills with a knack for consultative selling
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Experience conducting meetings via webinars